Thursday, July 14, 2005

Do You Know Their Story?

As their wedding day comes closer and closer, I wondered if everyone was familiar with Wendie and Chris's story? Wendie wrote it out in her own words for their web page on www.theknot.com To make it easy for you, I've copy and pasted it for you here:

HOW WE MET: Chris and I met through a group of friends, called, "The Roche Bros crew" (where we all met and worked for many years) I always saw him at parties and thought he was "cute". One of those parties, we started to talk. I thought he was nice, but a little distant. Turns out, he had a girlfriend at that time. About a year went by and yet, another party...a fourth of July bash at a friends house...(on a dead end road that had parties going at two houses on the road) I saw him again! I was at "the other house"...getting a drink in the house and I looked up and there he was!! I was so excited...I ran over and told my sister "who" was at this party...She said, "well, yah he is here...this is his house!!!" I was so blown away. I kept telling my friends that he was the guy I'm going to marry some day. They all laughed and said, "you can't stay with a guy for long enough to marry him!" Later that night, we started to talk again. Then, after exchanging phone numbers, we started talking on the phone for a few months and then, again...he disappeared. A few months later, he called me out of the blue and asked if I wanted to come to the Red Sox game with him and a bunch of his friends for his birthday. Ofcourse I said yes. That following Saturday, we went to the Red Sox game and I had the time of my life!!! He kept making me laugh with silly things he said...I hit it off with all his friends, too. I think it must have been the best date I've ever been on because he has been making me laugh ever since.
WHEN WE GOT ENGAGED: July 17, 2004
HOW IT HAPPENED: After 8 1/2 years together, 5 years of living together...Chris and I were out on our "Friday night date night". We were talking about all the things we need to do for the house, then all of the sudden he blurts out, "I think it's time for you to go find the ring you want, then you can bring me to it"...I was so excited, since all I had been doing for ummm... 6 years is asking when he was going to marry me. The next day I called my sister and told her, and out we went to look for that one special ring. Well, I found it. After trying every ring on...the very last one they brought out WAS THE ONE!!!! As soon as I left the store I called him and told him I had found it! We went that Saturday and picked out the center stone together. He picked the ring up the following week...We had plans to have dinner at my parents that night. During the Red Sox game, he and my daddy were watching together, he asked for my fathers blessing. I knew what was going on...but pretended not to know... When we got home that night, he showed me...He told me to get a good look at the ring, because I was not going to see it until November when we would be in Jamaica. I told him I had waited 8 1/2 years for this...I wanted it on my finger!!! He said, "well, you have waited this long...what's another 4 1/2 months?" Then he closed the box the ring was in and put it in a "secret" spot. The next day, he went outside in his garden, where he grows roses and picked the most beautiful long stemmed red rose and put the ring around the stem...He then came up to me with the rose in hand and said..."Well, I can't marry you this weekend, but next weekend is looking good!" That was how my father had asked my mother to marry him. I thought that was the most romantic way to give it to me, because he remembered the way my parents got engaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home